Residential Property Surveys
Why do you need a survey? Because forewarned is forearmed.
Choosing the right survey will help highlight any serious problems and advise you of the specific risks before you commit to the process of buying a property.
When buying a home it's important to remember that your mortgage lender’s valuation report is not a survey. It merely tells your lender whether or not the property is reasonable security for your loan. A survey by a qualified and
experienced chartered surveyor will tell you the actual condition of the property. That’s vital information that can be invaluable during price negotiations, and will also help you avoid expensive surprises after you’ve moved
in. Reliable and cost effective, our reports carry the full weight of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – the industry’s most respected authority on surveying.
We can provide a valuation report or two levels of survey.
The RICS HomeBuyer Report
Choose this service if you need more extensive information when buying a house, flat or bungalow, built from common building materials and which appears to be in reasonable condition. The RICS HomeBuyer Report includes:
- Clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that may require varying degrees of attention;
- A summary of the risks to the condition of the building;
- Advice on replacement parts guarantees, planning and control matters for your legal advisers.
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the property;
- Advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
- Information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
- The surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘market value’ of the property;
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property;
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property
Please contact Martin Shell using the details below to discuss the tailored approach to survey reporting that we offer at DLP Surveyors.
Martin Shell AssocRICS
Residential Surveys & Valuation
T: 01656 658 445
M: 07976 298 965